Hey presto – a happier way to new windows
We know there’s a better way to do windows and doors, because we do it every day. We don’t rely on sales teams or invasive sales techniques, and let our service do the talking instead. And we’re pretty good at installing windows and doors. Just measure up, design your windows and doors then book your home survey, all from the comfort of your own home. Let’s talk you through the steps.
How to measure up
It’s really straightforward. Just rough horizontal and vertical measurements will do the trick.
These can be in cm or mm when it comes to designing your windows. If it’s bay windows you’re after, you need to measure each window section, not the bay as a whole, but it’s easy to duplicate identical sections when it comes to creating your quote.
Choosing your style
Creating your perfect made-to-measure windows is a completely streamlined process.
Our online tool means you can pick everything from uPVC colour and glass design right down to the fixtures and fittings.
Customise as you go, and easily duplicate windows or doors. When you’re done, you’ll see a summary of your items, and an accurate quote. If it looks good, book a home survey at a time that suits you (in one of three time slots throughout the day) then sit back and wait for us to come and take care of the next steps.
Your home survey
We’ll confirm your home survey, time and date in an email. If you’d like to see any samples or colour swatches, let us know at this point.
On the day of your survey, your surveyor will arrive and introduce themselves. He or she will measure up, ask you to confirm your chosen styles and let you know if they have any concerns over potential damage (which is unlikely).
Your price will be confirmed within a few days by email, with a link to pay your deposit or apply for one of our finance options.
Things to bear in mind before we install
Once you've paid your deposit, we’ll be in touch to arrange your installation date.
When you’ve picked a time and date that suits you, we’ll confirm it in an email, along with a reminder of the following things:
- Remove any curtains, nets or blinds (also any poles, rails and fixings in the window/door recess)
- Move any fittings, furniture, ornaments or other valuables away from your windows/doors before the work starts
- Please clear a metre-wide walkway on any stairs, and move furniture a metre away from the windows and doors being replaced
- Ensure that children and pets are in a safe environment away from the area where works are being carried out.
We’ll register your deposit with HomePro to keep your deposit safe and sound, and we’ll remind you of your final payment date (unless you’ve opted for finance). Then you won’t hear a peep from us until a week before your installation.
If your order is less than £3,000, and you live in one of a few UK postcodes, there is a logistics charge of £300. Note that this charge may be more if you live offshore. We will tell you the charge upfront when you get your quote.
What to expect on your installation day
We’ll set off from our place in Barnsley. If there are any unforeseen delays, we’ll call you in good time to let you know what’s going on, and exactly what to expect.
Our fitters will introduce themselves and make sure you’re happy with everything (including where they’re parked). They’ll start at the top of the house and work down, unless you have a preference. Here’s what they’ll do:
- Protect your home – they apply protective film to your carpet and lay blankets around where the fitters are working
- Check for any health and safety risks – they’ll put up barriers to no access areas to keep any pets and children safe
- Unload their stuff – this is an obvious one. They’ll get right on with the job
- Tidy up afterwards – when the job’s done they’ll make it look like they were never there
- Show you how to operate your windows and doors – they’ll take you on a little tour of all your new windows, showing you how to operate them and allowing you to set any opening restrictors
- Give you the keys – plus spares.
The fitters will take you through every detail of the paperwork. If you are happy with everything, we’ll ask you to sign. We’ll take the documentation and register it with FENSA, so you’ll receive your certification within 6 weeks.